Norman W. Haase
- Married with 4 children (3 have graduated from Flat Rock, 1 currently enrolled)
- B.A. in Theology
- Owner of Haase Construction
In 1990 I moved my family back to Michigan, after teaching in a private school in Illinois. I worked in a local church as youth director, started my own business, and served as a volunteer in the Flat Rock Schools. Running for the board was a continuation of that service. I have served on the board since 1995. During that time we built a beautiful new High School, remodeled the other schools, struggled with a tight budget, and settled many contracts. I have served as Vice President, and was elected Board President in 2006. Flat Rock Community School District has excellent prospects for the future. The budget will continue to be a challenge, but Schools of Choice has created an opportunity for growth. Our dedicated staff and involved parents have given us a great reputation. I am committed to do my best to keep the Flat Rock Community Schools one of the best Downriver districts.
- Married with two children
- U.S. Army Honorable Discharge
- B.S. Elementary Education
- Masters in Early Childhood Education
- 4th Grade teacher in the Woodhaven-Brownstown School District
I remain committed to being an integral part of the process of bringing beneficial changes to the Flat Rock Community School District. I consider education to be a top priority and will never waver in my convictions concerning the importance of high performing schools. To strive for excellence and adhere to a model of success that guarantees that excellence will always be my goal.
James A. Clements II
- Married with no children
- BA in Music Education & Communication
- Experience as both a private and public high school teacher
- On staff at Community Lutheran Church, Flat Rock as Media & Vocal Director and as the Executive Director of the Community Centre for Creative Arts
I have lived and worked in the Flat Rock community for 8 years. During that time I have mentored at Bobcean, helped with the stage lights at Simpson, played for high school musicals, accompanied the choir and even taught for a short period of time at the high school in a substitute capacity. I have found that we have some of the most caring administrators, faculty and staff around. Many members of the community are concerned about education, as they should be, but don't always hear the entire story or take time to find answers to the right questions. I will do my best to fairly represent school district residents, remain open-minded, and respect others' ideas and suggestions. At the same time, I hope to convince them, as far as Schools of Choice is concerned, Flat Rock Community Schools would be my schools of choice.
Amy L. Carter
- Since 2006
- Married with 2 children who are enrolled in Flat Rock Public Schools
- 1987 Graduate of Monroe High School
- Associate of Accounting Degree from Monroe County Community College
- Work experience in Early Childhood Development
- Employed as Creative Arts Assistant at Community Lutheran Church
I have lived in Flat Rock since 1997 and have had at least one child in Flat Rock Schools since the 2001-02 school year. As a parent I have had the privilege of volunteering in various classrooms, attending numerous concerts and special events as well as chaperoning a few field trips. On each and every occasion I have been impressed with the dedicated and caring faculty and administrators of our district. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve our school district residents and intend to do so with integrity, respect and an open mind. I am committed to striving for high quality education that supports the successful development of all of our children.
- Married with three children
- Received a B.A. from the United States Air Force Academy
- Received a MBA from the University of Phoenix
- Flat Rock business owner, Kaleidico.com
- Treasurer of Barnes Elementary School parent group
I believe that building a strong education system not only benefits our children but strengthens our community, state and nation. As a parent, former Air Force officer, serial entrepreneur and current Flat Rock area business owner, I understand the hard work it takes to give our children every opportunity for success in a complex world. I look forward to serving our community and children.
- Married with three children
- B.A. Elementary Education
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education
- First Grade Teacher at Lincoln Consolidated Schools
Ms. Engelbert has been a resident of Flat Rock since 1994 and has two children in our school system with a third child starting kindergarten next school year. Ms. Engelbert was elected to the Board of Education and will serve until December 31, 2012.
- Flat Rock Community Schools Graduate
- Married with four children
- B.A. Applied Sciences - Registered Nursing
Ms. Kamin is a 1990 graduate of Flat Rock Community Schools and recently graduated from Monroe County Community College with a degree in Applied Sciences - Registered Nursing. She is married to Steve Kamin and has four children. Ms. Kamin was elected to the Board of Education and will serve until December 31, 2012.