You may have noticed that we have a new banner hanging outside of our school. We're officially a Green School!!!
What does that mean? Well, in order to achieve a "Green School" status we have been doing the following ten activities:
1. Recycling paper and reducing our use of it when possible.
2. Reusing newspapers and magazines for other projects.
3. Adoption of an endangered species animal.
4. School media center updates its print and non-print ecological materials.
5. Hosting a visit by an ecological spokesperson.
6. Printer cartridge recycling program.
7. Recycling cell phones.
8. Observation of earth Day in April.
9. Poster contest to support ecology concerns.
10. Classes visit Internet sites to click on sites to save rainforest, etc.
We will also continue to support the "Green" status and hopefully add more activites in order to be considered an "Emerald" school.
Thank you for your continued support!!